Wednesday 29 February 2012

Hitting the Trails on new bikes!!

This is one tough ride!
Today  (Sunday Feb 12th) we drove for an hour to get to the start of a very well known MTB ride on the old convict road just north of Wisemans Ferry. Buzz, Mark Hardy and another very good offroader on a MTB, Duncan left around 6am to do the xxxxx ride which is around 70k and 5 hours riding on a very hilly and technical MTB loop. Buzz wasn'tfeeling to well and he still has this virus. He will have to be careful a he wouldn't want it to get much worse.

Buzz's and my new machines!!
It was the first hitout for me on my new Specialized Epic Sworks 29er. What a bike! I felt I coul ride over anything. They are a real race bike. A little flighty on the steering (which you want) and with theSpecialized double brain on the front and rear, the responsiveness of the bike was amazing. I felt good and did the ride with plenty left in the tank. Following an experienced wheel like Duncan's added with the Epic's performance, gave me the confidence to go over, up or down anything! We got back to the cars all enjoying the experience, even though the trails we waterlogged after all the rain we have had. 70k done in just on 4 hours of solid riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment